Saturday 18 December 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...




















The Boys, The Dog and Me Today

With one week to go till Christmas, more Snow has fallen on our Shores. 2010 has given us quite a downfall, we were hit early in the year and now with just a couple of weeks to go till the new year we've been hit again.

It's already taken in toll on my scheduled races with The Grim, only my second race of the year, postponed until mid January 2011.


This has probably been a blessing in disguise though. As you will know if you follow the blog, I have spent a good portion of the year sidelined with an Achillies Injury. So the extra weeks will give me more time to up the miles and be in better shape.

That said I've still managed to clock up 600 miles this year (or at least I should have come December 31st!). I had planned for 1000 but it was not to be.

So that's one of the goals for the New Year, another is the The Fleet Half Marathon. This is one of the oldest Half Marathon's in the Country and is used by many as part of their training for The London Marathon, taking place a month later. The Half takes place 7 days before my 40th Birthday, so this will be part of the Celebrations!!!

The Fleet Half Marathon

Goals for 2011:
  • 1000 miles
  • Complete The Grim
  • Complete The Fleet Half Marathon (Under 2 hours)
  • Beat my PB in a 10K race (49:02)
  • Beat my 5K PB time (24:49)

1 comment:

  1. Awesome goals. I look forward to seeing you achieve them. :)

    ReplyDelete