Wednesday 23 February 2011

It's a Miracle!!!

....And God said "Let there be light, and there was light". And then God said "Let there be support for over pronating feet, and there was.....The Scholl Orthaheel Sports Insoles!!!"



Well it's been a miracle for me! I've upped the mileage over the last couple of weeks and as always with increasing mileage comes the risk of injury. This is exactly what happened! I'd been feeling a niggle on the inside of my right knee for a little while now, but after adding two twelve mile runs into the weekly schedule the pain became worse and I had to consider taking time out. This was the last thing I needed with a Half Marathon less than a month away.

I have used Heel supports recently for my Achilles, and knew of Orthotics that can be designed especially for your feet (but not your bank account).

So there were two options I considered - New Trainers or Off the shelf Orthotic Insoles.

I went for the latter. The Scholl Orthaheel Sports Insole £25.

They offer a 30 day money back guarantee, so what did I have to lose.

I've lost nothing and gained a Miracle! Tentatively I embarked on a 4 mile run, with hills to give a good test.

While on the run, no pain. After the run, no pain. Days rest, then real test, 12 miles...No Pain!!!


The Insole reduces the amount of pronation and helps eliminate:  Pain under the heel, Pain at the back of the heel, Knee pain, Metatarsal pain and for some, lower back pain.

This wasn't my planned post, on this my Blogs 1st Birthday, but it's been a revelation and I had to share this as this could be a big and cost effective way of getting through those niggles and the injuries as Runners we all get.

1 comment:

  1. That's excellent news, hope the pain free running continues!
    Happy Birthday to your blog too.

    ReplyDelete