Wednesday 1 June 2011

Lunchtime Hills - Juneathon #1

So today is the start of Juneathon. For those who are unaware of the concept, basically myself and other like minded bloggers have to post workout activities every day through the month of June on our blogs. Check out the Juneathon Website for details (and join, it's never too late!)
Today was my regular weekly short hill training session which takes me and running partner/work colleague Brian away from the office and into the centre of Woking. The course is 4.55 miles long and we can just about squeeze it into our measly 45 minute lunch break. It involves two trips up the hill you can see in the above pictures and some challenging steps to endure.

It was quite a struggle for me today, my legs were aching where I did not get chance to stretch before hand. I suffered quite badly from Achilles Tendonitis last year, but providing I keep my stretching up everyday I seem to be able to keep the injury at bay, but alas today the quads and calves were sore.

On the plus side the pace was still quite good for the hills, 8:10 minute miles, so you have to take the positives out of it. The sun was shining too which always makes for a better run.

I try and get as much hill work as I can at the moment. I have the Farnham Pilgrims Marathon in September which takes in the North Downs and is a very hilly course. My thinking is what you put in, you get out and although this is going to be a tough debut Marathon, I should come out the other side a better runner.

If you have the time, have a look around the blog, otherwise see you here tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment