Friday 3 June 2011

The Old Routine - Juneathon #3

I've managed to get to the dizzy heights of Day 3 of Juneathon and today's activity was my good old regular lunchtime run down the Basingstoke Canal. I run this probably twice a week and have done for the last 5 years. Amazingly I've never really get bored of this run, and on a day like today (It must have been the hottest day of the year so far) it's perfect. Fortunately the Canal backs onto the office so I can get out quick and usually get just over 4 miles in. If I push it I can get it to 4.5 miles.
Obviously it's a flat course so it's good for doing Tempo runs or a nice easy run. Today's run was somewhere in between. With an overall time of 33:14 and a distance of 4.12miles, that gives 8:04 minute miles. Not bad as it felt fairly comfortable, despite suffering a bit of a groin strain of late which seems to be hanging around.

I'm not sure either if I have the start of a cold or Hay fever. That's the trouble with Hay fever you never can quite tell, both make you feel lousy.

I'm feeling better now though, rested and sitting writing the blog having just finished a delicious meal of Lightly spiced and seasoned Chicken pieces on a bed of sauted potato's.......Ok it was KFC! and I may even treat myself to a nice cold lager on such a beautiful day. The plan is for a big run on Sunday so I need to think quick on what to be logging and blogging tomorrow.

1 comment: