Thursday 2 June 2011

Strength Training - Juneathon #2

So it's Day 2 of Juneathon and I'm thrown into blind panic! I must confess I had not thought much past the first day,I had a game plan for Day 1, I could blog about my run for that day. I'm a runner, I run 4 or 5 days a week, I rest in between those days which in Juneathon terms, means.....I've got a problem.

I had thought I would use Juneathon (How many times am I going to mention 'Juneathon' in Blog posts and Tweets this month!!!) to do some cross training, so this morning I come up with a make shift Strength Training session. I always read about the importance in a strong core to improve as a runner.


Maybe by the end of Juneathon this month I will be looking like Peter Andre....although probably more like Peter Kay!

So my session went like this:

3 sets of 10 Press Ups
3 sets of 10 Crunches
45 seconds of the Plank
5 sets of 'V' Sits
20 seconds 'Bridge'

Short and Sweet, and an early bird this morning (Up at 6am) but I'll add to this over the month, and it's more than I was doing last week. Day 3 of Juneathon (Doh! I mentioned the 'J' word 6 times) will see me back running again...Happy Days :)

1 comment:

  1. Looking round the Juneathon blogs, there seems to be a common thread - runners getting over injury ( including myself!) Can't help wondering if this running everyday for month is going to be responsible for a nationwide epidemic of Achilles tendon, calf and foot related ailments!!
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete