Tuesday 7 August 2012

Womens London Olympic Marathon 2012

I thought I'd share a few pictures and short video from the Woman's Olympic marathon last Sunday morning.

I went along with my two boys (the youngest whom I must give credit to for the photos!) After an early start we made our way from Waterloo, across the river, past Big Ben and along to the end of Birdcage Walk. It brought back some great memories from my marathon back in April.

We had a great position to see the runners come down the long road before they followed the bend around to Buckingham Palace. The only thing that ruined the morning was the great British weather and the biggest downpour ever!

The great thing about this Olympic course unlike the traditional London course was the runners would complete laps which meant we got to see the athletes more than once, after the first couple of laps we made our way back towards Big Ben and watched the remainder of the race from there.

The men's marathon is next Sunday, if you can make it, I would recommend it. It's free and an amazing chance to get right up close to the elites. I was very nerdy looking at trainers, running style and even the way their feet were landing!!!



 

1st Tiki Gelana Ethiopia 2:23:07
2nd Priscah Jeptoo 2:23:12
3rd Tatyana Petrova Arkhipova 2:23:29
10th Shalane Flanagan USA 2:25:51

11th Kara Goucher USA 2:26:07
44th Freya Murray GB 2:32:14


12th Helalia Johannes Nambia 2:26:09
13th Marisa Barros Portugal 2:26:13

No comments:

Post a Comment