Saturday 27 April 2013

God gave us 2 legs not 2 wheels!

So I finally stopped moping around feeling sorry for myself with my ankle and decided to do some cross training and that meant getting out the dreaded bike!!!

My bike lives in the garage
People who know me or follow me on Twitter will know I absolutely hate cycling! I strongly believe God gave us two legs to run with and not two wheels!!!

With running, you only have to move yourself, cycling means moving yourself and a big chunk of metal at the same time!

I've had the same bike now for about 15 years, I don't like the bike, the bike doesn't like me, but we've been together so long that we put up with each other and occasionally go out with each other (sounds like marriage!)....(only joking wife!)

Physio Helen from Finefettle told me I could cycle for fitness as long as I stay flat so I don't have to go up any hills (fine by me!!!)

I went along the road for 4 miles then back on the canal path. It's the one time I prefer the Tarmac to the trails, nice and smooth and easier to cycle on. The canal path in contrast felt like every bone in my body was being shaken.



Fortunately I didn't come across many runners, I just couldn't look them in the eye...them thinking I'm a cyclist when I'm really a runner...I wanted to tell them out loud "I'm not doing this for fun"...."I'm a runner like you"....."I hate this, I don't want to be doing this!!!"

I came across an elderly couple on the canal path who gave me a look of disapproval as they had to move to the path side to let me through. I said "morning", they didn't reply... I bet they would of if I were running past them.

Anyway, I returned home from my epic journey relieved that the ordeal was over for today. I didn't feel that tired, like I hadn't done much. The only thing I seemed to get out of today was a sore butt!

Thank you for listening to my moan, but I had to get it off my chest and in the end I must remember what I'm doing this for...getting back to running and training for the Loch Ness Marathon.



No comments:

Post a Comment